So this is my irrepressibly longer response to tori_writes
's post "CAPSLOCK FRIDAY: WOULD YOU DO IT? EDITION" http://vc-media.dreamwidth.org/221174.
html. A person could write volumes of dissertation on this subject. Especially
with the caveats that:
1. IF YOU ACCEPT, HOWEVER, YOU MUST LEAVE YOUR LIFE BEHIND. YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO TURN ANYONE YOU KNEW OR EVER SEE THEM AGAIN. YOU CAN'T GO BACK FOR YOUR PETS OR FAKE YOUR DEATH OR DELETE YOUR INTERNET BROWSING HISTORY.
2. IF YOU SAY YES, THE VAMPIRE WILL WHISK YOU AWAY THEN AND THERE, AND YOU WILL HAVE TO REMAIN WITH THEM FOR AT LEAST 50 YEARS. My publicly posted response, but in sentence case:
Had to wait for other people to post first, afraid to be the first to reply, for fear of attempting to be silly and it reading as flippant, or killing the post itself with a wall of text... So I'll try to keep it brief and go into more depth in my own damn journal, if anyone wants the larger wall of text to climb... XD
1. Would I do it? Yes! Of course. F*&k my family and friends, etc., lol. And I'd choose Louis. First of all, although he may appear weak, he's got strength enough. He's done it successfully twice. Further proof of strength: Aren't there sporadic references throughout the VC that he takes out any extraneous fledglings or vagabonds who dare to hunt New Orleans? And particularly appealing as targets if they have the brilliant idea to seek him or Lestat out (E.G., the fledglings and others circling the church holding a comatose Lestat in MtD). Plus, "the Dark Gift is different for each of us." So Louis could be a carrier
of decent latent powers.
2. But more importantly, to get Louis in the position wherein he has to override his principles, he would have to be in that tantalizing state of bewitched devotion (E.G., Armand admitted to *pushing* Louis into giving it to Madeleine, and Merrick admitted to *pushing* him into giving it to her). To be on the receiving end of Louis' devotion, whether legitimate or not, would be intoxicating. Not even Lestat gets 100% devotion from Louis. Remember the tortured scene in TotBT in which Louis wouldn't give Lestat the Dark Gift. The ONE person Louis is supposed to be the MOST LEGITIMATELY DEVOTED TO. I've brought that scene up before, so I'll refrain from beating that particular dead horse. For NOW. Keeping the corpse for later...
3. So, choosing Louis, if I wanted Super Deluxe Brat Prince©®™ powers, too, seems that those are easily acquired as long as you know how to tease His Royal Bratness properly. One can argue that Merrick doesn't even count as canon, but she only had to exist
as Louis' fledgling to be given Super Deluxe Brat Prince©®™ powers. Stat-y-pants loves to give that out. Stat-y-pants is a manwhore about giving that out. I think he lusts over the ACT of giving that out.
Okay, you want some more? Need to be plied with absinthe or a thimbleful of brandywine? Have some, then go to my damn journal. http://burnadette-dpdl.dreamwidth.org/
1720.htmlLonger response ACTIVATE:( Longer response ACTIVATE: )